Interested musicians who on August 31, 2021, have completed their 18th year but not yet their 28th year are invited to submit their applications using the form found on this page below.
In addition to your personal data, the following documents must be submitted:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of Study (in the case of a completed bachelor)
- Video Application (The video application contains your interpretations of the required solo repertoire and orchestral excerpts in un-cut and un-edited form.)
Please make note of the following important points when recording your video application:
- For an optimum evaluation (dynamics, etc.), the recording should be made in high quality (formats: mp4, avi, wmv, mpg or mov).
- The recording should show a full front view of the candidate.
- You may choose from the following platforms for the upload: Youtube, Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive.
- Please do not include long piano introductions and interludes.
- Please enter only the link to your un-cut and un-edited video in the designated text field at the end of the form.
- Please make sure that the permissions are set so that we can access your video!
Personal information and documentation uploaded to this website is secure and will be used solely for the purposes of proccessing your application as part of the selection process for the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra Academy. It will not be used for any other purposes and will not be shared with third parties.
Academy students will receive a monthly stipend in the net amount of 1000 €. In addition, they will receive a monthly living allowance of 200 €, as well as the coverage of the cost of a year's pass for the Vienna Public Transportation System in the amount of 365 €.
For participation on Vienna Philharmonic concert tours, a daily allowance will be paid.
All additional academy program components are available to academy students free of charge.
(Subject to modifications)
This position is open from September 1, 2021 until June 30, 2023. Applications are being accepted until April 30, 2021.
- F. David: Concertino for Trombone in E-flat major, op. 4, 1st Movement – with piano accompaniment
- W.A. Mozart: Requiem (Tuba mirum)
- R. Wagner: Ride of the Valkyries (passage in minor and major)