Course of Instruction
During this two-year course of study, academy students will be familiarized with all aspects of the musical profession. They will have the opportunity to tap the full potential of the orchestra's artistic resources; from solo appearances to concert tours with the Vienna Philharmonic as part of the orchestral training program.
Individual private lessons guarantee ongoing artistic supervision, as members of the orchestra communicate the distinctiveness of the Viennese sound and style to academy students and accompany them in the preparation and perfecting of their respective solo repertoire. Rehearsal pianists are available for the academy students, as are opportunities for studio concerts.
For numerous chamber music concerts, many of which will take place in the various halls of the Vienna Musikverein, the academy students will receive coaching sessions as well as opportunities to perform together with members of the orchestra.
Audition preparation is offered to academy students in order to prepare them for auditions with the Vienna Philharmonic as well as for auditions in other reputable orchestras.
Additional Program Components
A diversified program of additional activities is designed to supplement and complete the educational program at all levels.
- Lectures and Encounters with conductors, soloists and members of the orchestra
- Informational Events in relation to concert programs and concert cycles of the Vienna Philharmonic
- Visits to museums and archives, for example, to the historical archives of the Vienna Philharmonic and the Society of Friends of Musik (Musikverein); Haus der Musik, Österreichische Nationalbibliothek (Austrian National Library), Library of the Melk Monastery, among others
- Presentations by music instrument manufacturers for strings and winds, excursions to instrument factories and shops
- Mental and Presentation Coaching
- Medical and Physiotherapeutical Guidance by our specialized PhilFit Team: prophylaxis and prevention of occupational illnesses as well as problems with the locomotor system resulting from improper posture; Information and prophylaxis; collaboration with the Vienna General Hospital and meduni Wien
- Cultural Diversity of the City of Vienna – offers for attending various cultural events